THE BEHRENS-EATON HOUSE MUSEUM
1520 West Street was built by John Varner Scott in 1895 and two years later it was purchased by Charles Behrens (1859-1917). Behrens was a Sheriff of Shasta County serving that position from 1898-1902. The Behrens-Eaton family has occupied the home since they moved into the house in 1898. The historic name of the building is: Queen Anne, and it's common name is: Victorian Residence. The last descendant of Charles Behrens who lived and died in this historic residence was his grandson the late Superior Court Judge, Richard Behrens Eaton (1914-2003). After Judge Eaton died the home was turned into a museum as directed by the judge. The photograph below is circa 1930s in Redding. The house is decorated for Christmas in the photograph.
SHASTA HISTORICAL SOCIETY